I am a PhD student of Clark Barwick at the University of Edinburgh. I am interested in homotopy theory and (higher) category theory. I am also interested in theorem proving via LEAN and automated assessment via STACK. When I’m not thinking about mathematics, I may be swing dancing or bouldering.
Informal notes on various topics. Comments and corrections are welcomed.
(December 2022) Notes on persistent homology, as part of a GlaMS (Glasgow-Maxwell school) group project. Joint with Yan Yau Cheng and Adrián Doña Mateo.
(September 2021) Undergraduate notes on axiomatic homology theory. Homology is typically introduced as singular homology, with theorems proven explicitly using chain calculations. We take a different approach, defining a homology theory axiomatically as by Eilenberg and Steenrod, and then proving classical theorems directly from the axioms. This project was supervised by Prof. Clark Barwick and funded by the University of Edinburgh School of Mathematics Vacation Scholarship and College Vacation Scholarship funds.
- Topological K-Theory. Hodge Club (February 2023).
- The ultrafilter monad. GLaMS Example showcase (November 2022).
Tutoring - Edinburgh
- (Fall 2023) Category Theory
- (Fall 2023) Honours Analysis - Skills
- (Fall 2023) MathsBase
- (Spring 2023) Algebraic Topology
- (Spring 2023) Fundamentals of Pure Mathematics
- (Fall 2023) I am mentoring a project on algebraic topology for Twoples, an online directed reading program for maths undergraduates.
- (Summer 2023) Coend calculus (Cofriends) with Willow Bevington and Adrián Doña Mateo.
- (Spring 2023) Algebraic geometry (Eisenboaties) with Willow Bevington.
- (Spring 2023) ∞-categories with Willow Bevington and Adrián Doña Mateo.
- (Spring 2023) Chromatic homotopy theory with Clark Barwick and Willow Bevington.
- (Fall 2022) Commutative algebra (Eisenbuddies)with Willow Bevington.